Revisions to This Site
As of 1/17/98, I'm going to try to start recording any changes made to this portion of my web site. I can't promise that I'll remember to do so any more often than I remember to do so on the main portion of the site, but I'm trying--just to make it clear that in updating something, I am not attempting to hide anything. I've moved some notices of earlier revisions from the main moving the portions of the main revisions page to this one, as well.
The changes I can remember making here in the recent past, though, are recorded here, and I'll be adding others as I make them:
- Mid 8/97 - Began releasing portions of the CyberStalking story here, with a notice that there would be more later.
- late 8/97 - This isn't really in this portion of my site, but referred to it. On my size acceptance page I'd referred to testifying in a stalking trial. Someone who called himself "KNOWNASthebear@mindspringDOTcom" pointed out that the testimony was in his harassing phone calls trial, and I corrected the error. I explained the change in a footnote, noting that both the harassing phone call and stalking charges were on the court calendar. Since the change was made so long ago, I recently removed the footnote altogether--and Hillyard claimed I was trying to hide something.
- Last week of 8/97 - Released more of the CyberStalking information.
- 9/3/97 - Split first page of this section into several documents for easier reading and added further details.
- 10/10/97 - Began a major redesign of this section.
- 1/7-8/98 - Corrected a couple of inaccuracies after I was made aware of the problems. Added a section to the front page explaining that I would be happy to change anything there (or on the rest of my site) as soon as I'm made aware of the problems. Changes included:
- Minor changes to wording of the Hillyard's Affiliations - Claimed & Actual to make the sources of various information clearer. I also invited officials from Hillyard's church to contact me if they wish more information on his background, as I have not and will not contact them directly.
- Updated Arrests, Trial and Other Legal Matters to make it clear that, while a reporter erroneously told me that Hillyard's lawyer was not a member of the bar, I've since been informed that he is, in fact, listed with them.
- Clarified some information on In The Press dealing with Hard Copy.
- Made some fairly minor updates to existing portions of Replies to Accusations and added two new sections responding to new/expanded accusations from Hillyard.
- 1/17/98 - Changed the title of one page from "Why I'm sure Richard Hillyard is the stalker": to Why I'm sure Richard Hillyard is the culprit, because I believe he's guilty of several crimes. Also added Have We Actually Been Stalked?/Why Did We Move Three Times? to explain several points.
- 1/21/98 - Added a note at the top of one of the archive pages directing people to the main page after Dick Coward posted a message to alt.sex as "firstname.lastname@example.org" again directing people to visit that page to see "Free Pamela Anderson Video Files."
- 1/22/98 - Corrected the times of several items on the timeline to reflect when they happened in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) rather than Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), as was shown before. Added two messages I just found to the December 1997 archives--messages forged in Katie's name, this time.
- 3/23/98 - Made minor updates to the affiliations and press pages.
- 3/27/98 - Corrected a misspelled word on the main page (how embarrassing!)
- 4/5/98 - Made some minor additions to the FAQ and added information about new interviews to the press section.
- 2/17/2011 - Made a few minor corrections of typos of various pages around the site and removed some outdated links (you have to expect some of those in 14 years). I seriously expect this to be the last time I ever change the site.
- At some point I moved the site to WordPress, then back to plain ol' HTML.
- 3/10/2016 - Again, updated the copyright date, fixed a few typos, and updated some links, but that's it - the material remains the same, otherwise.
- 9/12/2021 - Updated some CSS and refreshed the site with new colors, fixed a few more typos and updated some links.
- 2/5/2022 - Updated CSS and started adding better navigation. Started moving the site to Bootstrap for responsiveness.
- 9/18/2022 - Moved site to new server and fixed a few broken links.
- 9/25/2022 - Continued fixing broken links.