Hillyard's Employment History
Hillyard's employment history is mainly notable for the fact that he's repeatedly lied about it and that he's been fired at least twice for criminal activity.
Hillyard was employed by FileNet from June to October of 2001. Their web site gives the following information for their Atlanta office: 100 Galleria Parkway N.W., Suite 1330, Atlanta, GA 30339-5948, Phone: 770-955-6566, Fax: 770-933-8659.
Somewhere between CadCam and FileNet, it has been alleged that Hillyard was working for Pixel USA, Inc. Their web site puts them at 5275 Triangle Parkway, Suite 150, Norcross, GA 30092, Phone: 770-449-6691, Fax: 770-449-6388.
- Apparently Hillyard was either employed by or had a contract with a company called CadCam, Inc. Their web site lists their Atlanta offices as being at 6160 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite B-100, Atlanta, GA 30328. Phone: (770) 350-9323, Fax: (770) 350-0039.
- A recent known employer is Advanced Visual Systems. The phone book lists two offices, one in Marietta (770-956-4002) and another in Atlanta (404-248-9982). Hillyard gave away the name of his employer when he sent some of his forgeries through their internet gateway in December 1996.
- Dick Coward sent email to me and another MindSpring user after his CDC dismissal claiming Hillyard had accepted a job with an internet services provider, but that appears to be another lie.
- Formerly employed by The Orkand Cooperation at the CDC in the Information Resource Management Office (IRMO) department. He was fired on or about August 30, 1996 for falsifying employment records to conceal his criminal background (they declined to prosecute). He had been officially reprimanded earlier in August for misuse of CDC's internet gateway to harass various individuals. On his résumé he says he was a "contract graphics consultant," but in an earlier post he claimed to be "head of (their) connectivity dept" at the CDC.
- Hillyard's résumé says that from May 1990 to January 1992 he was "Responsible for sales in 13 state S.E. region" for AutoDesk, Inc.—the company that owns AutoCAD. He claims that the credit card he used illegally in 1991 was his employer's company credit card, but there is no mention of that or of the company in his trial records—the name on the card was Bruce Besch. Company credit cards are normally issued in the name of the person authorized to use them, and some also have the company's name on them. This one didn't have Hillyard's name or his employer's name on it.
- Hillyard claims to have gone to work for Microsoft after leaving Summagraphics, but he failed to note that on his résumé, which lists his next employer as Precision Visuals.
- The oldest employment listing on Hillyard's résumé claims that he worked at "Brown and Root, Lockwood Greene" from June 1975 to June 1982. A friend who is an engineer tells me that Brown & Root and Lockwood Greene are two separate and highly respected engineering firms (I clarify this because most people, like myself, would have no reason to know they're two separate firms.) Hillyard claims to have been "CAD Manager of 16 station Intergraph System. Engineer." As I've been told that he does not have the engineering degree he claims, I'd estimate the probability of him having been an engineer as very, very low.
- Other employment information is included on Hillyard's résumé. As it contains at least one probable lie, I wouldn't trust the rest of it to be wholly truthful. I have not contacted any of Hillyard's past employers to verify any of the information there, and do not plan to waste time doing so.
According to his web sites, Hillyard does business under the names Hillyard Technical Services, LLC and Independent Software Resellers, and is a reseller for American Travel Network, LDDS WorldCom, and Watkins Products. There was a registration for Hillyard Technical Services, LLC, but the agent of record's name is simply given as "Fritz." (Fritzy@mindspring.com is one of the many email addresses associated with Hillyard.) He claims to sell long distance and calling card services, web hosting services, AutoCad consulting and drafting services, "food, home and personal care products," and to be "a manufacturers rep firm for many specialized software products." The long distance, web hosting and Watkins organizations all appear to be MLMs. Hillyard has also spammed various newsgroups with advertisments for the Watkins and long distance products, earning him notice in the news.admin.net-abuse.bulletins newsgroup and other forums devoted to fighting spam. He's been giving his address as 1100 Hall Drive, Atlanta, GA 30301 in his domain registrations. I suspect that to be a mail drop. He's also been giving his phone number as 770-555-1212—the long distance information number for the 770 area code.
My opinions are mine alone, and do not represent those of any employer, client, family, significant other, house plant or other entity unless otherwise stated.
Copyright © 1996-2021, Cyn
Armistead, All Rights Reserved.
This file last modified 04/28/20